Productivity is something which, if mastered, can change your life completely.
The only purpose of this site is to document my life and improve my productivity. Yes, over time I have been lazy lad and kept procrastinating many of my important things which did not let me realize that it was affecting my growth, but it was.
Lately, my personal life have been discipline-less (see.! lame content with lame vocabulary.!). It isn’t fixed when I would wake up or when I would work. Sometimes I would wake up at 7 a.m in the morning and sometimes I go to sleep at the same time and my lunch becomes my breakfast. Most of the time later one which is something I want to change.
I have tried this in the past as well and was regular too. Sleeping early at night and rising early for the day. And if you haven’t tried this ever then I gotta tell you, it’s simply amazing! You accomplish a lot of things and you would be having insane amount of energy and excitement throughout the whole day.
In fact, world’s most successful people rise early every day…
- Ferrari’s CEO, Sergio Marchionne, wakes up at 3:30 a.m..!
- Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, wakes up at 4:30 a.m.
- Disney’s CEO, Bob Iger, wakes up at 4:30 a.m.
- Starbucks’ CEO, Howard Scultz, wakes up at 4:30 a.m
- Cisco’s CTO, Padmasree Warrior, wakes up at 4:30 a.m.
- AOL’s CEO, Tim Armstrong, wakes up at 5:00 a.m.
- General Motor’s CEO, Dan Akerson, wakes up at 5:00 a.m.
- Chairman of Virgin Airlines, Richard Branson, wakes up at 5:45 a.m.
This is the proof that there is something to do with waking up early. In fact, if you try this thing then you won’t need any proof. You will experience it by yourself. I can say this because I have experienced it in the past.
However, at this moment, it would be completely ironic if I suggest this as for last couple of days, I rarely went to sleep before 3-4 a.m. I would get involved in some work or develop some useless thoughts without having proper statement of purpose. Watching stand-ups on YouTube and killing my time by scrolling through Quora or Reddit.
There were some nights as well in which I worked till dawn and completed projects. I would make strong black coffee which would not let my eyes blink and provide great deal of concentration, open editor and start working. No disturbance or distractions at all. Ticking of clock sounds like louder bangs! Key-strokes sound crazy! I love it. Totally. It is something to which I am habited since long time. But, it is needed to be changed!
Hence, I am taking a plunge to 30 Days Challenge of waking up daily at 5:00 a.m.
Tomorrow, I embark upon this 30-Days Challenge. The main things which I want to achieve with this challenge are:
- Self-Discipline: No matter how hard you work but if you don’t follow system and there is no discipline then the outcome would be different for sure. Sometimes the work you do for 5 hours and still could not complete can be achieved in just 2 hours if discipline is followed.
- 0 Procrastination: This sucks! It really do. Just 10 minutes and then I will start, let me take a little nap and then I will start, today I will do this and this I will do tomorrow. I wanna kill that ‘will’.
0 Procrastination! That’s what I want.
- Most Important Thing First: In his book, “Eat That Frog!” (Don’t take the name literally. It’s self-development book!), author Biran Tracy says, the greatest thing you can do right after waking up is, get your hands on on the most important thing first. Eat the most important frog first and then go for other frogs. I am having this bad habit of checking WhatsApp right after breakfast and that is not important at all. In fact, sometimes it totally ruined my day. No Quora for 2 minutes, No Facebook for 1 minute, nothing else even for 5 seconds. Just the most important thing!
- Self-Satisfaction: When I go to sleep, if I haven’t done anything important in a whole day, I don’t feel satisfied. I don’t want to feel the same. I wish this challenge will give me the energy to accomplish the things which make me satisfied when I go to sleep.
From tomorrow onward, I will write one post per day for the series of 30 days. I will highlight how difficult it was, what I did during the day, how I felt and few other things in each post.
I want to see whether these 30 days are going to bring any better results in my life or not. If it won’t, then I would continue with my normal discipline-less life but as far as I think, most probably, it won’t be the case.
I am a programmer and instead of 1, our numbers start with 0. So this was the Day #0 and tomorrow is going to be my Day #1 for this challenge. Let’s see what happens!
Check out the mentioned book on Amazon from here: “Eat That Frog”
Next: Day 01/30
Previous: Welcome to the mess..!